In this smoothie I used chlorella powder. If you don't have this, you might consider getting some from the health food store. Chlorella is one of the oldest organisms on earth! It is an algae that contains large amounts of chlorophyll, making it a nutrient rich and cleansing food. It helps detoxify the body of heavy metals, especially mercury, by binding to it and removing it in a safe and natural way. Chlorella also helps lower blood cholesterol and triglycerides, improving liver function and strengthening the cardiovascular system. Chlorella has tons of other benefits (improving immunity, digestive health, inflammation, asthma,and allergies), but I won't list them all because my post would be too long.
- Green St. Patrick's Day Smoothie
- 1 tangerine, peeled
- 1 apple, chopped with core removed
1 cup spinach
- 1 tsp chlorella powder
- 1 cup kombucha
- 1 Tablespoon ground hemp or pumpkin seeds (I chose these because they are green..hehe)
- 1 handful of ice (or more if you want it icier)
- Wash your produce, blend everything together for about a minute and enjoy!!!
- For instructions on how to make your own kombucha go here: Making Kombucha Tea!