12 small pancakes (2-3 people)
- 1/2 cup Quinoa flour
- 1/2 Buckwheat Flour
- 4 Tablespoon ground flax seed or chia seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar (or kefir for those who eat dairy)
- 2 cup nondairy milk (recipe here: http://kaletothequeen.weebly.com/3/post/2012/07/dairy-free-milk.html)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 apples
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked
- 1/4 tsp salt
Combine the 1/2 cup quinoa flour, 1/2 cup buckwheat flour, 4 Tbs flax or chia meal, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 Tbs agave nectar, 2 cups nondairy milk, and 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar or lemon juice and let it soak for a few hours or over night.
Soak the 1/2 cup cashews in 1 cup of water and 1/4 tsp salt and let it soak for a few hours or over night.For Soaking instructions and benefits go here: http://kaletothequeen.weebly.com/3/post/2012/07/soaking.html
The next day:
1. Chop up one apple and sauté it with a couple tablespoons of water and a little cinnamon until soft.
2. Rinse the cashews and discard the soaking water. Blend them in the blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Taste it and add a little salt if necessary.
3. Add the second finely chopped apple and 1 teaspoon baking powder to the soaked batter.
4. Heat a nonstick or greased skillet on medium-high heat and pour the batter onto the pan. Once it starts to bubble (about 1 to 2 minutes), flip and cook 1-2 minutes on the other side.
Smear the cashew butter onto each pancake and top with the sautéed apple mixture and a little agave nectar.