1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 large onion, chopped
2 cups butternut squash
2 cups fresh or frozen mango
14 ounces light coconut milk
1 Tbsp agave or raw honey
1 - 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Salt & pepper to taste
Unsweetened shredded coconut
1. In a large pot, heat spices stirring constantly for about one minute until fragrant (be careful not to burn). Add 1/4 cup water, chopped onions and cubed butternut squash until the squash is very soft. (about 10 to 20 minutes). Add a little water if it runs out to prevent the squash from burning. Transfer to a bowl and let it cool.
2. Put the cooled squash, spices, and onion into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
3. Add ginger, mango, and agave or honey and process.
4. You will probably need to split this into two batches, so at this point take out half the squash mixture. Slowly add half the coconut milk. Then empty into a container and combine the rest of the squash mixture with the remaining coconut milk.
5. Add a little salt and pepper if it needs it.
6. At this point, you can either stir in the lime juice or serve it with lime wedges. The lime is extremely important because it changes it from a great dish to an exquisite one. Chill until ready to serve.
Fill bowls with soup, top with the diced mango and sprinkles of coconut.