새해 복 많이 받으세요!!! Happy Lunar New Year!
- 5-6 cups water
- 1-2 stalks lemongrass, minced
- 3 whole kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Tbsp. ground coriander seeds
- 2 tsp. green curry paste
- 2 tsp. dried garlic powder (a few cloves of fresh garlic would be way better!)
- 2 Tbsp. Tom yum paste
- 1 thumb-size piece galangal sliced into thin matchstick-like pieces (if you can't find galangal, use ginger)
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 green pumpkin, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I actually used coconut powder because we didn't have coconut milk)
- 1 small bunch of soba noodles (make sure they are 100% buckwheat if you are gluten free)
- Pour water into a big pot. Add the minced lemongrass, lime leaves, ground coriander seeds, green curry paste, Tom yum paste, garlic, and galangal. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 5 to 10 minutes, or until broth is very fragrant.
- Add the carrots, green pumpkin, and broccoli. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the soba noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the coconut milk.
- Do a taste test and adjust the saltiness (by adding tamari or sea salt) and spiciness (more green curry paste).
This was finished in 30 minutes or less and served 4 very hungry people with some left over.
We were lacking in fresh ingredients so I experimented with what we had and it turned out fabulous. However, if you have more ingredients, other vegetables would be delicious as well (such as onions, celery, and bell peppers). But this soup was absolutely incredible!