Happy 29th Birthday to my sister and best friend!
Emily fills every day with laughter and sparkles!
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1 cup ground peanuts
6 flax eggs (6 Tablespoons ground flax seeds or chia seeds soaked in 1 cup + 2 tablespoons water or dairy free milk)
2/3 cup agave nectar
3/4 cup coconut oil
4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cup mashed banana
Step 1: First combine the ground flax/chia seeds with water and let it sit for at least 15 minutes in the fridge to set.
Step 2: Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease 2 round cake tins.
Step 3: Whisk or sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Add in the ground peanuts and vegan chocolate chips. Set aside.
Step 4: Whisk together the flax eggs, agave, coconut oil, and vanilla, then add in the bananas.
Step 5: Fold the dry mixture into the wet ingredients (careful not to over mix). Pour into your round cake tins and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 cups powdered xylitol sugar (I just put the xylitol sugar into the blender until it became a powder!)
- 2/3 cup raw cacoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5-7 Tablespoons dairy free milk
- In a large bowl, cream coconut oil and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Stir in the powdered xylitol sugar, cacoa, salt and enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency.