2 bunches kale
3-4 sun-dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup cashew, soaked overnight
¼ cup sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
(Soaking benefits and instructions: http://kaletothequeen.weebly.com/3/post/2012/07/soaking.html)**
You can also add herbs and spices if you would like. I used some fresh basil and tumeric (amazing anti-inflammatory benefits).
- Pull leaves of kale off the hard stems.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except sunflower seeds.
- Adjust salt/pepper to your liking.
- Mix in sunflower seeds.
- Mixture should be gooey but not runny. If needed, add more kale.
- Spread mixture into even hearts ¼ inch thick on the bottom layer of a dehydrator.
- Dehydrate 12-15 hours or until completely dry in the middle.