1 can coconut milk
1/4 cup agave syrup
1 avocado (makes it nice and creamy and adds color)
a sprinkle of raw cocoa nibs (optional)
1. Heat 1 can of coconut milk and 1/4 cup agave syrup on medium heat until the mixture gives off steam but before it reaches the boiling point.
2. Add the cup of mint leaves/stems, cover, and turn heat to low.
3. After 10 minutes, turn off the heat, and let it sit for at least 45 minutes. (i let mine sit for several hours until it cooled so that it was very minty and red for the processor. If you don't have much time, just let it cool in the fridge.) When it is cooled strain out the mint leaves and stems.
4. Put the avocado, a few fresh mint leaves (depending on how minty you want it), and a few tablespoons of the cooled coconut mixture into the food processor. As it is processing slowly add the rest of the coconut mixture.
5. Place in ice cream maker or put it in the freezer in a container.
If you want, you can add some raw cacao nibs or chocolate chunks into the ice cream maker in the last couple of minutes. Some people in my family don't like things in their ice cream, so I just sprinkled some cacao nibs on top.