- 2 Cups soaked Hazelnuts (soaking benefits and instructions here: Soaking to increase digestion and mineral absorption
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cacoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup date syrup, agave, maple syrup, or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Non-Dairy Milk (I used hazelnut milk. Recipes here: Dairy Free Milk)
- optional: 1/4 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- optional: 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil (this will make it very smooth)
- optional: 1 packet stevia
1. Place the soaked hazelnuts in a food processor and blend into a butter (about 3 to 5 minutes depending on your processor). You will need to scrape down the sides a few times.
2. If your processor is not strong enough to form into a butter, process the hazelnuts as much as possible. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth (about one minute).
3. Store the raw vegan nutella in the fridge.