Vegan Mint Ice Cream Cake with Graham Cracker Crust
Ice Cream Filling:
1 cup fresh mint leaves and stems (plus a few extra)
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup agave syrup
1 avocado (makes it nice and creamy and adds color)
1/2 cup cashews
1 Tbls vanilla extract
a sprinkle of raw cocoa nibs
1. Heat 1 can of coconut milk and 1/4 cup agave syrup on medium heat until the mixture gives off steam but before it reaches the boiling point.
2. Add the cup of mint leaves/stems, cover, and turn heat to low.
3. After 10 minutes, turn off the heat, and let it sit for at least 45 minutes. (I let mine sit for several hours until it cooled so that it was very minty and ready for the processor. If you don't have much time, just let it cool in the fridge.) When it is cooled strain out the mint leaves and stems.
4. Put cashews and avocado, a few fresh mint leaves (depending on how minty you want it). Process until smooth and then slowly add the cooled coconut mixture ass it processes. At this point, taste the mixture and make sure it is sweet enough. You can also add some mint extract if you want it more minty.)
5. Place in ice cream maker for 25 to 30 minutes or place in the freezer overnight.)
Graham Cracker Crust
Crush 2 packages (probably about 20 graham crackers) of vegan graham crackers. I do this by sticking them in a strong bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
Once they are finely crushed, mix with 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil or vegan spread. Mix the oil with the crumbs until it is evenly incorporated. Then press into your pan (two round cake pans or one big one like I used in the picture) so that the crumbs become a firm crust. Evenly spread along the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
Scoop the ice cream over the crust and sprinkle with raw cacao nibs. Serve right away otherwise it will melt!
This was literally eaten in a few minutes!!! I couldn't believe how much my family enjoyed it!