- supports a healthy metabolism and promotes fat burning
- alleviates PMS
- great for healthy hair, nail, and skin
- anti-inflammatory (helping with symptoms of asthma, arthritis, etc)
- lowers bad LDL cholesterol
- rich in disease-fighting phytonutrients and anti-aging antioxidants (like vitamin E)
- rich in minerals including zinc, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and iron.
Hemp Sesame Seed Balls
1/4 cup sesame seeds (4 Tablespoons tahini)
1/2 cups hemp seeds (or 1/3 cup hemp seed butter)
2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
2 Tablespoons agave (or honey)
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Almonds and shelled hemp seeds
Makes about 16 seed balls
Step 1: Place hemp seeds and sesame seeds in blender or food processor and blend until the seeds are finely ground.
(If using tahini and hemp seed butter, skip step 1)
Step 2: Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. You can add a little more cacao powder or ground seeds if it seems too sticky.
Step 3: Roll into about 16 balls.
Step 4: Roll each ball in shelled hemp seeds or sesame seeds (I didn't have a lot so I just sprinkled them on top instead of coating the balls).
Step 5: Press one almond onto each ball.